Friday 9 September 2011

Its about time...

So, eight months of being a vice-principal (and doing a masters) and what has life taught me?

Many, many things!

• make sure you build relationships that have foundations of honesty, trust, fun and professional respect. I worked extremely hard getting to know the amazing people that I work learn with, its so very important.

• mistakes are good, once... I definitely am a risk taker, I do make mistakes and I expect those around me to as well. They are going to happen. What is vital is that we learn from them, and make sure that it doesnt happen the next time!

• it's so very important to read. I love twitter and google read. Both of these have changed my professional life, no exaggeration! I spent time every day sharing with educators all over the world, learning and connecting. I read the thoughts of others and discuss what I think and know as well. Ten years ago I could do this in the staffroom or on the bus to work which I still do, but now I can learn and share with others from all over our planet! How amazing is that? If you are not doing it, why not?

• be flexible... Which I am going to be now!

I think that this post will have many more parts... And as I am writing on my iPhone in a very hot skatepark in Hong Kong I will carry on later!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment